Monday, January 3, 2011

How to Submit Sitemap to Google

Did you submit sitemap to search engine before? When talk about submit sitemap to search engine, most of the people out there will think about Google. How to submit sitemap to Google?
Again talk about my blogging experience, before I submit my sitemap to google.com, my daily visitor was about 50 per days, after submit sitemap, my website visitor increase to 100 for the particular month after Google come to index my website 3 time at that month.
To submit your sitemap to Google, you require to access Google webmaster tools website
  1. Access www.google.com/webmasters/tools (Google Webmaster Tools)
  2. Create an account, fill up all the related information
  3. After finish create, check your email for verification link, once finish, login your account
You are require to add a site (Your website address) to Google webmaster tools, after add in your website URL, you require to make a verification either add a code to META or upload a html file to your web hosting.
Following step will need to verify your website, select your desire step, click on “verify your site
In this case, I choose to verify my website from uploading a HTML file, after this, the system will provide you some thing like :
google4aea4c4xx4e7ba7b.html
To create this html file, Open a notepad, save file as “google4aea1c4xx9e7bb7b.html
Upload this file to your main directory at your web hosting by using your FTP software, so that it able to view athttp://www.dreamnetworkz.com/google4aea1c4xx9e7bb7b.html
After upload, click the “verify” button.
Once successful verify, you can now go to sitemap on the left sidebar

key in your full sitemap and click”submit sitemap
Done, you have already submit your sitemap to Google Search Engine, Google’s bot or spider will come to crawl your sitemap shortly, it take up to few week or few month time base on Google schedule.
Tips : As my experience, no need rush to submit your sitemap (Still you can submit) if your website are very new without much content, just imagine google bot just like human, when visiting your website, without much content to index, I don think the bot will be happy and come back again in the short time… Correct me if I am wrong.
If you not yet create a sitemap for your blog, may be you can refer to How to create sitemap for WordPress. Submit to Google is just 1 of the largest search engine in the world, How about msn and also yahoo?… I will talk about how

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...